HubSpot is a top tier customer relationship management (CRM) platform that combines everything a growing business needs to provide a world-class customer experience in one location. HubSpot is a prominent CRM software with top-of-the-line tools for marketing, sales, and customer service.
In the first quarter of 2021, HubSpot, a pioneer in inbound marketing, had grown its overall user base to 113,925 paying clients in over 120 countries. In January 2022, HubSpot was the global leader in marketing automation, with 31.61% of the market share. This is because HubSpot offers a great number of excellent and effective tools that can assist companies with the key elements that every business needs to be successful; marketing, sales, customer service, and operations.
While Hubspot is an excellent CRM platform, it’s also a heavy hitter that does best when used with integrations, and more advanced features in order to really shine. As a business owner or manager that wants to onboard a new CRM, you’ll often get the most function system by using onboarding services to assist you in getting started.
We’re giving you a look at the basic information and list of the typical setup requirements for HubSpot Onboarding so that you can navigate and update HubSpot’s settings. Want it all done for you? We’ve got you covered there too.
- Setting up your HubSpot Account is the first item on the checklist. This is where you’ll make changes to your account’s basic settings, including your user profile and preferences.
How to Set Up Account Settings
Click your profile image in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences to access your account preferences. This will take you to the account settings’ General section.
Under the General section, you’ll see all the important features and tools that you can update and utilize for your business.
- Branding: A brand is a characteristic or group of features that distinguish your company from competitors. A name, slogan, logo or symbol, design, brand voice, and other elements make up a brand.
- DNS: The domain name system, or DNS, is the Internet’s phone book, connecting web browsers to your websites. HubSpot will require you to update the DNS records in your provider when you link your domain to HubSpot.
- Email Domain: This is your marketing email from your own domain. You can connect your email sending domain to HubSpot and use it as your primary email for all marketing processes.
- Profile Image: This is your primary picture as a HubSpot user. Your profile image can be updated in your account profile & preferences.
- Teams: This is where you create and manage teams. This setting will allow you to manage your users into groups for easy administration and reporting.
- Roles: You have several user logins available, and you can give up to six distinct roles to each one, depending on the level of access you want your user to have. From admin, marketer, content creator, business analyst, blog author, and publisher.
- Permissions: To access the HubSpot features, each HubSpot user must have specific user permissions set by you.
- Partitions: If you wish to keep your assets organized by department or team, you can partition your assets into the appropriate teams and departments.
- Time Zone: This will allow you to customize the default region and time zone.
- Legal Address for email compliance: Hubspot will require you to set up a compliance copy email to examine all outbound messages for compliance set by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation is an EU regulation that strengthens the protection of EU individuals’ personal data and increases the responsibility of organizations that collect or handle personal data. You have to comply if you market products to the EU market.
- SSO/2FA: In addition to logging in with your username and password, you can set up two-factor authentication (2FA) for added security. It will require verification using a second device such as your phone.
The CRM, a database of your business contacts and operations, is the cornerstone of your HubSpot account. That’s why it is important for Hubspot Onboarding to concentrate on the CRM’s key features and settings.
Here are the important items and settings in the CRM feature of your HubSpot account:
Properties are fields that store information on HubSpot records. Before creating a custom property on the onboarding process, you should confirm if the default property meets your data needs and requirements.
Importing contacts allows you to create records and update your database, which helps you better manage your company’s CRM.
Similar to importing contacts, you can import company details from the companies you work with and save their information for a better relationship or process.
Configure Call Integration
This is where you set up your calling number. You can register an outbound phone number or use a HubSpot-provided phone number to make and receive calls.
Target Accounts / ABM
This is where account-based marketing is set up. If your company employs or is fit for account-based marketing (ABM), HubSpot provides immediate functionality to assist you to perform the job.
Associations / Buyer Roles
To keep track of the data in your CRM, you can associate records together and designate them in buyer’s roles.
HubSpot’s lists tool allows you to create and edit a list of contacts or companies. You can base the list on property values, their actions, activities, and other factors.
Conversations is a HubSpot feature that allows you and your team to browse, manage, and respond to incoming communications from a variety of sources. In one consolidated inbox, you can triage communications coming to your:
- Email address
- Facebook chat
Conversations tool allows you to make tickets from each conversation to keep track of a customer’s interaction with your company.
The conversations’ General inbox is where all messages from all of your channels will be delivered. You may keep track of customer issues and inquiries by seeing ongoing chats, responding to messages, and creating tickets from the General inbox.
HubSpot allows you to create a chat flow with a chatbot to help you connect with your website visitors. The chatbot will show on your pages as a chat box where visitors can initiate a conversation if they have questions about your business, products, and services.
Snippets are customizable text pieces that can be used to communicate and update ticket records. You can use snippets on emails, chats, and when documenting an activity or remark.
HubSpot provides free marketing and sales templates that you can personalize and tailor to your target audience. Sales templates are available in the CRM and when sending emails from your inbox.
How To Navigate To Conversation Tool
From your HubSpot Account, go to Conversations.
Click Inbox. If your account has numerous inboxes, use the dropdown menu in the top left and select a specific inbox.
To locate a conversation, click the search button in the top left and enter a search word, then apply filters to narrow your results.
Marketing is one of the specializations of HubSpot, and it’s where it really shines. HubSpot’s free marketing tools enable you to create a successful marketing campaign that provides an end-to-end consumer experience.
How to Navigate to the Marketing Tool
From your HubSpot Account, click on Marketing in the upper corner of the home page. It will show you all the features that you can utilize in managing your marketing procedure for your business.
Here are some marketing features to focus on:
- Ad Tool: This will allow you to easily develop and manage ad campaigns.
- Standard Emails: This will enable you to generate a basic email from start or with the help of free templates.
- Automated Emails: This will allow you to create, save, and send an automated email template.
- Social Media: This tool allows you to distribute materials, content, campaigns, and ads to all of your social media platforms.
- Landing Pages: This allows you to create landing pages for your website and customize page content and settings, and optimize for search engines.
- Campaigns: This allows you to label relevant marketing assets and material, making it simple to assess the efficiency of your overall marketing efforts.
- Forms: This allows you to create forms that can be added to your pages or website. This will help you collect vital information on your visitors and contacts.
- Support Ticket Intake Form: This allows you to develop and add a support form to your knowledge base so that visitors can use it to get solutions if they can’t find answers from your articles.
You and your sales team can use the Hubspot Sales platform to make and manage sales by utilizing its full suite of features. This will allow you to easily manage and execute everyday duties such as sending emails to prospects, making phone calls, and scheduling meetings.
How To Navigate To Sales Tool
From your HubSpot Account page, click on the Sales tab located in the upper mid of the page.
It will navigate you to a page where you can utilize all the necessary features to manage your sales platform:
- Configure Pipeline stages: It assists in the visualization of your sales process to forecast income and detect sales obstacles.
- Configure forecast tool: This allows you to set up a forecast deal amount and track your team’s progress toward the objectives.
- Set up quotas: This allows you to define quotas for your sales and service teams that are particular to each user. These objectives can be set at the user, team, or pipeline level.
- Configure Meeting Tool: This allows you to create a scheduling page for meetings and events. You can also link a third-party calendar to this tool in your calendar settings.
- Custom Quote Templates: This allows you to create and personalize a quote template that your team can use to send to potential customers. You can change the appearance and content of the template to fit your company’s demands.
- Payments: This allows you to collect payments from customers in your CRM utilizing Payment links that may be sent to clients via email or chat, or directly inserted into your website pages.
- Meeting / Call Types: This allows you to create customized types for calls and meetings so you can see how your sales force spends their time on the phone.
HubSpot is well-known for assisting organizations in providing excellent customer service. All of your customer service data are connected to one CRM platform, allowing you to easily support, maintain, and expand your customer base.
How to Navigate to the Service Tool
From your HubSpot Account page, click on the Service tab in the upper corner of the page.
It will navigate you to a different page where you can update all of the customer service features for your CRM:
- Configure Pipeline: This allows you to track the development of your customer interactions. You can utilize the default Support pipeline to manage your ticket statuses and respond to customer concerns.
- NPS Survey: This allows you to send the NPS survey through email or embed it on your website. It will measure how likely your consumers are to recommend your business to others.
- CES Survey: This allows you to send CES surveys to your customers so they can rate their interaction with one of your representatives. CES assesses how easy it is for a user to contact customer service.
- Customer Portal: It is a portal you have to set up where customers can access and respond to their tickets regarding their concerns and questions.
- Knowledge Base: This will enable you to write knowledge-based articles that answer customers’ questions. You can categorize these articles based on your targeted audience.
HubSpot has automated solutions allowing you to spend less time on mundane tasks. These include designing processes, automating email campaigns, and plenty of other tasks that will save you time and energy so you can focus on growing your business.
From your Account page, click on the Automation tab and it will give you a dropdown showing two Automation features:
Sequence tools will help you to nurture a prospect by automatically sending a sequence of customized and targeted email templates. You can also set up a reminder to follow up with your contacts automatically.
This tool will allow you to create an effective workflow to streamline your business procedures and increase the efficiency of your team. It enables you to enroll data and automatically take action on:
HubSpot provides these Reporting capabilities so that you may analyze items and actions in your HubSpot account with more freedom. You can develop a variety of custom reports based on your reporting requirements, including customer service, sales, marketing, lead generation, and more.
- Reports: Generates customized reports in a specific area, such as sales, marketing, and service reports.
- Dashboards: Where you can see and customize default reports in your marketing, sales, and service dashboards.
- Data Sets: It’s a data collection from your HubSpot account and CRM that you can analyze and utilize in generating reports.
How to Navigate to the Reports Tool
- From your HubSpot account page, navigate to Reports.
- Click the dashboard name in the upper left and select the dashboard whose activity record you want to examine.
- Select Activity log from the Actions dropdown menu in the upper right.
- You can see the modifications made, the users who made the changes, and the timestamps for each change in the dialog box.
HubSpot has a feature that allows you to integrate some tools you need for your business. The tools should, however, be found in the HubSpot App Marketplace, where they are inspected and certified by HubSpot’s development team. There are numerous well-known and useful solutions that you may use and integrate with your account to improve your company process.
How To Add integration Tools to A Workflow
- In your HubSpot account, click on Automation and click on Workflows.
- Create a new workflow. Click the name of a workflow if you already created one.
- Click the plus icon (+) and it will show available integrated action.
- Click the name of the action to add it to your workflow.
- Click the Connect an app tab in the right panel.
- Search for the tool that you want to integrate and click the app name.
- Click Connect.
Do-It-Yourself VS Done-For-You
HubSpot is a powerful CRM with comprehensive features that can help you grow your business. However, onboarding your own HubSpot can be often feel overwhelming if it’s not your specialty That’s why having HubSpot onboarding services to guide you through the process is critical. Why spend critical business time troubleshooting your way through set up when there are those who specialize in getting your account set up the way you need it?
Anticipated Digital is a top-rated HubSpot and CRM Onboarding service provider that provides a more supervised and done-for-you approach to help you get the most out of HubSpot. We build a customized onboarding approach that has been shown to help you achieve your most important goals faster.
Let our team take the stress out of your marketing and sales operations by getting your HubSpot configured with best practices in mind for your business needs.